Remote and part-time software engineer at Zendera.
Visit my GitHub profile if you’d like to see somewhat more up to date code. Outside of my PhD, most of my time was spent on:
- Done, a reverse to-do list for reflection and bullet-point journalling.
- machine learning experiment management tools, mostly packed in dbx - still early work. Presented at the MLOps Systems workshop at MLSys19
- RepX, a dead-simple exercise tracker for German Volume Training type of workouts
- Contributed to NE SDK until after the first private beta (it was 2015), and started SpeakTune during EF6.
- ng2-mock-server a way to mock a backend in the frontend to ease web app development.
- Freelance developer for Indemand, built the consumer and provider apps with Angular 2.
- Glee, blog post
During Uni (non-coursework)
Hackathon projects, open-source tools, etc.
- mathrisjs, built with Corin Chaplin, Andrada Focsa and Khalifa Al-Dahrani.
- dateris (with Prathap Chandran)
- KnowledgeWallet with Owen, Prathap, Andrei, Zack, Jamie.
- Video Streaming at Facebook Hackathon with Thomas Dubosc. Played around with how to do video chat. Network didn’t work for webrtc so we tried different ways to send frame by frame stuff with node and socket.io.
- flyingthing - move a picture across laptops, sync with websockets @ Lubljana Startup Weekend
- fish on toast check-in software
- HIVE - Slack but with little hexagons, screenshot and clipboard share - with River, Radu, Jeremy, Waleed. At StartupBus Europe. We had chat, chatheads on Mac, webrtc video chat and if I remember remote copy-paste working. Got 2nd place.
- SPDX parser library for Go as my Google Summer of Code 2014 project.
- Clarity - extreme time tracker (calendar, phone, texts, chrome tabs. we had a hack that worked for a decent demo) - with River, Amir, Mansimran, João, Jeremy and others.
- fomad, a Makefile to make Java and Maven a little more bearable without an IDE
- bikebalance (at BattleHack London 2014, with Mansimran)
- Ambience - IoT platform built with River, Amir, Mansimran, Radu and others.
- Trainspotter at HackTrain 2015, with Mansimran, Linda, and Keit.
- AI Searches coursework
- Software Engineering Group Project
- Stream Programming Language Interpreter in OCaml (with Dorota)
- Hybrid Image Computer Vision Coursework
- Scenery Classifier (with Tom and Aditya)
- Third Year Project: Similar nodes in large graphs
- A lot more small projects.
Old goodies. Some of those projects are quite large, some quite small. I’ve learned a lot from, and put a lot of effort into each one.
- weskate source on github
- online game of skate
- collaborative mind mapping nodejs (built at a hackathon with Sabin Marcu)
- Enzify, playing around with Neo4J and Ruby on Rails. Idea was to map products with ingredients and flag which ones would hard your health. Looking back, I kind of wanted myFitnessPal but was too focused on additives not nutrients. Also, focused on playing with Neo4J instead of building up a database or social features.
- tzava, multiplayer water-connect game built with Alex Palcuie at a 24h hackathon
- organised and taught a web development after-class course for younger pupils at my high-school for a semester